The effects of UV radiations in terms of its harmful potential has been widely Show cased. UV radiations of various intensity and wavelength are employed for different purpose.
- It helps in production of Vitamin D.
- It is used in Fluorescent lamps which are used to treat jaundice and psoriasis.
- UV lamps have been employed to sterilize work in spaces , Laboratories and tools etc.
- UV light is used in pest control devices and fly traps.
- UV radiation is used to study various Chemical Structures.
- UV is employed in fine resolution Photolithography.
- It helps in Authentication of Documents.
- It is used to create Suntan, Such as Sun-tan beds.
- Exposure to UV rays cause Skin cancer.
- UV rays leads to Melanoma.
- UV radiation may suppress proper functioning of the body’s immune system.
- It caused cataracts and other eye damages.
- It may even lead to premature aging.